COVID-19 GOING FORWARD WITH THE NEW REALITY
Bringing our employees back to work in a safe environment is critical to successfully re-opening our economy.
After a 6-week shutdown, governments around the world are finally starting to ease restrictions to businesses and individuals. To read the list of guidelines for business in Toronto and the GTA please visiting the following site by clicking here.
Reopening means moving towards a new, safer normal.
COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION SERVICES:
GOVERNMENT REOPENING GUIDANCE:
- Limited occupancy in office buildings in Phase 2
- Employee daily screenings (e.g health questionnaire, temperature checks)
- Masks, plexi-glass or other barrier required if 6 feet cannot be maintained
- Signage and distance markers required in close quarters (restrooms and break rooms)
- No congregation in small areas and limited in-person meetings
- No meetings without social distancing
- No communal sharing of food and beverages
- Employees must wear face coverings when interacting with customers and co-workers
- Customers should wear face coverings
- Stores must control foot traffic with designated signage and markers
- Continue use of curbside pickup where possible as well as remote shopping (online and phone)
- Close shared amenities, including self-serve sampling stations and bars
- Stores have the right to refuse customers without masks
What are some other businesses and municipalities doing?
1. Sanitation and Surface Protection
Giving people the tools is half the battle. The other half is building a culture of safety within your organization.
Having the means to disinfect on a regular basis will hel build that culture and ensure a safe working environment going forward:
- Hand sanitation stations throughout premises.
- Barriers on all frequent touch surfaces, including counter tops, doorknobs, light switches, etc.
- Directional Movement Indicators and Space (6′) indicators
2. Partitioning Open Spaces
Restructuring your current environment may be the solution going forward, depending on your setup.
- Building partitions/enclosures
- Floor to ceiling enclosures inc. glass partitions
- Removing cubicles and/or installing plexy-glass shields to raise level
- Guided Path partitions
3. Air Purifiers
Using Indoor Air Purifiers to destroy air pollutants within the environment and clean recirculated air:
- Air conditioning systems do a great job at recirculating the air, including bacteria and viruses.
- Mobile Medical Grade Air Purifiers (Hepa-Rx) can help you increase capacity on your premises and allow you to schedule more visits, meaning more $
- These units are mobile, quiet and can filter dust particles, pollen, volatile organic chemicals (VOC’s), mold, allergens, viruses, odors, bio-aerosols, nitrous oxide
- Costs for these units have come down significantly in price in recent years and far outweigh their cost in Revenue Generation in a Covid-19 environment
Touchless Automation makes the spreading of germs harder as the most common surfaces such as handlebars and washroom accessories no longer act as a point of transmission.
Hands free door openers
Automatic door sensors